HOW CAN WE SUCCESSFULLY FEED A GROWING POPULATION WITHOUT DESTROYING OUR PLANET IN THE PROCESS ?
The supply chains span distinct worlds, from farms around the globe to manufacturers. Accounting for the vast differences among our suppliers, Company is committed to building resiliency across our supply chains by addressing social, environmental, and business challenges in a holistic way.
Our current agricultural system already has major impacts on the global environment. The supply chains of the Food chain from agricultural production, to transport, food consumption and of course waste disposal. And we all know that the greatest impacts are concentrated at the agricultural production stage and the largest driver of global deforestation and biodiversity loss with all fertilizer application, waste water, electricity etc…
We believe with the method sustainable sourcing of raw materials is providing us with the means to reach our targets to “lower the cost, comply with the consumers demand in the competitive supplier market”, and we are responsible of source raw commodities produce from source
A resilient supply chain is essential to the long-term viability of business. The supply chain relationships offer us an understanding of the challenges the supply chain communities face, and insight into how to address them.
Two targets, are designed to enhance the resiliency of our supply chain:
- SOURCE 100% OF PRIMARY AGRICULTURAL AND MANUFACTURED PRODUCTS ACCORDING TO ESTABLISHED BUYERS RESPONSIBLE SOURCING GUIDELINES.
- ENGAGE 1 MILLION PEOPLE IN MANUFACTURING AND AGRICULTURE SUPPLY CHAINS TO SIGNIFICANTLY IMPROVE THEIR LIVELIHOODS INCLUDING WATER SECURITY AND CLIMATE RESILIENCE.
Mission and Focus area of value chain initiatives
While traditionally our focus has been on RAW MATERIAL growing communities, we have to focus our program scope to communities that produce other ingredients for our products, and have launched a similar program with manufacturing supply chains.
Our support directly engages farmers, workers, and their families through investments in programs that advance:
- Whole-farm Planning and Production: Promote integrated agricultural extension services that build farmer capacity to sustainably increase yields and quality of their anchor crop (i.e., spices), while also encouraging income diversification, strengthening their resilience to external shocks and food scarcity. Complement this agronomic assistance with educational programs on food security and nutrition.
- Water Stewardship and Climate Resilience: Increase access to potable water for supply chain communities and improve water management for productive use in watersheds where we source. Promote climate- and water-smart production practices and the optimal use of resources.
- Strong Rural Organizations: Strengthen the capacity of farmer organizations’ to provide value-added services to farmers, including access to credit, agronomic assistance, inputs, quality assurance, and differentiated market channels.
1. Rehabilitating degraded land
2. Field water management technique
3. Organic fertilizer application
4. Reduce Labor intensive with Low Carbon = Prevent Pesticide residue
5. Crop organic tree
6. Transfer sustainable methodologies to Farmers
1 – Rehabilitating spare or degraded land:
Use land the most suitable cultivation conditions for our product range. It is another important strategy for business sustainable and end deforestation.
Trained all farmers, using sustainable method, and will be certified sustainable plantation and can designed in accordance with established standard for sustainable production.
2 – Field water management technique:
Use the spring water, re-use water with field water management techniques, which have the greatest impact of all farming practices and field flooding reduction practices have the benefit of reducing water consumption by Pepper.
3 – Organic fertilizer application:
Use organic fertilizer from con’s dung fermented to avoid all chemical treatment to production
4 – ‘Low carbon” Prevent Pesticide residue free:
Using polyculture method by planting seasonal crops (chill, corn, soy, ginger ) to avoid pets attraction during the harvest crop especially the chills has very strong smell and make pets go away from our Pepper.
Quality water and improve soil health with field water management it also has impact.
5 – Growth organic tree:
The seeds obtained from the farmers who are also committed to the pattern of organically managed plantations. By doing fertilizing with organic fertilizers (non-chemical) – Pesticide Free
6 – Transfer Sustainable methodologies to Farmers:
We provide training to the farmers on a regular basis about the new cultivation techniques throughout the season. We work closely with Farmers and support them with agricultural materials. We work as teamwork to adopt sustainable practice and meet specific certification in order to increase their income and profit. But we also support the transition efforts of farmer who crops are not yet certified by using our new sparing land.